Here is the presentation (note that the timetable for reclassification  is slightly different) and here is the recording . To access you must be connected to ECAS, and some browsers work better than others. If you have any difficulties, contact us  and we’ll send the presentation to you.)
If you expect to be promoted/reclassified in 2022 or even just want to understand what happens behind the scenes between the self-assessment and the publication of the draft lists in June, this is the event for you: we will shed some light on the mystery ! This builds on our recent presentation on the self-assessment  where we offered one-to-one assistance.This latest presentation is, for example, if you want to know more about :
- the decision chain and the bodies involved,
- your chances of getting a promotion/reclassification ,
- how to successfully file an appeal in June
The annual promotion and reclassification decisions are taken by the Appointing Authority (AIPN), on the basis of
- proposals by each DG;
- recommendations by a Joint Promotion (or reclassification) Committee (JPC).
DGs and JPCs must determine who deserves a promotion/reclassification on the basis of a comparison of merits. While all officials and temporary agents (even Contract Agents 3b !) might take part in the appraisal exercise. Only those who are eligible for promotion/reclassification (for officials, those who have been in the grade for at least 2 years) take part in the promotion/reclassification exercises.
The comparison of merits on which the promotion procedure is based takes into account:
- the appraisal reports since the last promotion or, failing that, since recruitment 
- the use of languages in the execution of duties
- the level of responsibilities exercised (to be taken into consideration on a systematic basis alongside the two other elements and not just “where applicable”, as stated in the 2004 version of Article 45).
 The average promotion speeds for officials are laid down in the Staff Regulations Annex I.B  and here is our chart  with those percentages converted to years. Contract Agent (3a) promotion speeds can be found on page 3 of this document . Unfortunately, CA 3b staff cannot be reclassified , meaning their appraisal has no rewards associated with it.