For our daily work ‘For the many, not the few’ Generation 2004 employs a team of committed and hardworking colleagues.
If you are a Contract Agent FG II (in the Commission, trade unions and staff associations are limited to employing CAs FG II for this type of post) you can join that team, as Generation 2004 is hiring for its headquarters in Brussels a 50%-of-full time secretary. If you are not eligible but you know someone that is and that you believe could be interested in the job, please feel free to forward the message on. There is a high probability that the position can be transferred later to a 100% post.
We are looking in particular for:
A committed and proactive CA FG II colleague with a positive service attitude, a high sense of initiative and responsibility with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize their workload. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, team player and able to identify problems and offer solutions. Working mainly in English, but a good knowledge of French would be an advantage. See example tasks below:
- Preparation of reports/minutes and agendas;
- Compile basic statistics concerning the association’s activities;
- Collaborate on the implementation of the association’s communication strategy such as the design of posters, election material, logos and email templates;
- Collaborate on the newsletter with the team in terms of content, as well as contributing to the newsletter’s design and publication;
- Working with the association’s internal wiki page, various databases and responsible for follow-ups;
- Updating and uploading of the latest news and documentation in different online platforms which include the association’s public website, Facebook page, twitter page, yammer groups and Connected;
- Coordinate conferences, trainings and events including video-connections and web-streaming (setting of the WebEx, sending invitations, managing recordings);
- Formalizing and updating the service’s detailed organizational chart, which includes all roles;
- Maintain the overview of staff requests, meetings, social dialogs etc.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV together with a motivational letter and any evaluation reports/recommendation letters from their current/previous employer to Generation 2004.
The closing date for applications is 24 January 2022 18.00 (CET/Brussels). Interviews will be held as soon as possible. The post is available from 1 March 2022.
Candidates must already be listed in a valid FG II CAST list. Based on justified requests a request for CAST could also be made.
Generation 2004 is the only EU staff association that unequivocally gives a voice to the interests of staff recruited to the EU institutions after the staff reforms of 2004 and 2014 with diminished career prospects and employment conditions.