DiSC is a behaviour-assessment tool based on the theory of psychologist William Moulton Marston. It focuses on four different behavioural traits, which could be summarised as decisiveness, interaction, stability and conciseness. Each of these traits refers to a pillar of someone’s personality. The more you have of a particular trait, the more you are likely to appear a certain way. When we mix two or even three of these traits together, we are able to predict a specific personality profile someone is likely to have. The premise of understanding the DiSC assessment is that everyone likes to communicate differently. This is based on what we value. People with high scores in each of the four different elements all tend to value different things.
Tuesday, 1 June, 12.15-13.45: Lunchtime workshop link (password in newsletter email)
Understanding personality types and being able to tailor your communication is critical for two reasons:
- first, people don’t hear your arguments unless they feel that you understand them,
- second, personality type communication is a powerful skill that creates added value for your career, your personal life and your team.
This workshop is designed for a very practical application and understanding personality types.
After taking this workshop you will be able to:
- understand immediately which personality type any person has,
- know the strengths and weaknesses of your own personality and how to use that to your advantage,
- assess the right strategy for persuading and influencing different personalities and of the job.
This ability will enable you to :
- present your ideas in a very convincing and persuasive way,
- feel confident in communicating with anyone about anything.
This workshop is for anyone who wants to understand personality types and who wants to apply the skill into practice so that you will improve your communication within your working place but also in your personal life.
We are looking forward to welcome you to this lunchtime workshop which will enhance your ability to communicate every language of different personalities and to understand what motivates various people to do or say different things.
As usual, do not hesitate to share your comments and ideas with us.