In only 4 months, over 10.000 colleagues in the EU institutions – including many of Generation 2004 members – have signed the EUstaff4climate petition calling on EU leaders to step up action on the planetary emergency. From 20 to 27 September millions of people around the world will take a stand on climate change with strikes and protests. As individuals and EU public servants, we have a double responsibility to act. Generation 2004 actively supports this initiative and our elected staff representatives, Piotr Rapacz, will intervene during Sunday’s event.
Therefore Generation 2004 invites you to join the following events:
Friday, 20 September, marching in the Global Climate Strike
- Meeting point for EU staff: 13.00 in Place Rogier, Brussels (in front of EASME)
- Come on time, there will be a EUstaff4climate flash-mob. Bring EU flags, banners from EU institutions, and all your enthusiasm! Don’t forget to join and share the event on Facebook!
- EUStaff4Climate suggests putting an out-of-office message ‘I am currently participating in the Global Climate Strike to show my concern as individual and civil servant on the climate and ecological emergency’.
Sunday, 22 September, Rise for Climate and Amazonia
- 11-13.00 in Place Jean Rey, Brussels
- The gathering is organised by Rise4climate Belgium, and will host several speakers and events. A EUstaff4climate representative, and member of Generation 2004, will intervene from the podium at 12.30.
- Sunday 22 September is also car-free day in Brussels, so come out and enjoy free-wheeling and clean air with your family and friends. Join already on Facebook!
G2004 also warmly invites you to sign the EU staff petition to the incoming EU leaders on the climate and ecological emergency. It will be open until end of October.
For more information about EUstaff4climate and the petition: